Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Spartan Games Kickstarter - Dystopian Wars Expansion

I'm a few days late posting the beginning of Spartan Games Dystopian Wars game expansion through Kickstarter. As of writing this the campaign is 81% funded with 27 days to go which is very exciting. They have numerous pledge options be you a gamer or retailer.

Dystopian World Expansion Kickstarter

It does not appear that there will be any issues hitting the funding goal. I am very hopeful that the campaign will reach the stretch goal for creating a new Naval Battle Group from either the Spanish Confederacy, Teutonic Order, Free Hellenic Kingdom, Republic of Egypt or Garibaldi's Legion. The faction will be determined by backer vote. My vote would be for the Spanish Confederacy, I've been waiting for Spanish or Portuguese models since I started playing Dystopian Wars.

I have backed this project at the Fleet Admiral level and am very much looking forward to getting the models of the Ice Maiden Iceberg Carrier and Murmansk Fleet Operations Vessel. The Murmansk was a surprise to me but its appearance as a massive floating factory really appeals to me. In fact it has convinced me to build a Russian Coalition fleet around it.

Murmansk Fleet Operation Vessel. I love this model. Supposedly the back of the model can be glued or magnetized open to allow a cruiser sized vessel or smaller inside this behemoth. It is going to be a blast to paint!

The Fleet Admiral Pledge will allow me to select 4 Expansion boxes to go along with the two player set and resin super vessels. So far Spartan has only post the contents of the Russian Coalition and Prussian Empire expansion boxes which are the same new models contained in the two player set.

Magadan Large Submarine. I really like this model. Actually I like it better than the original Deathbringer submarine and am very curious to see how its armament works.
The Onega Light Cruiser. This model looks good in my opinion and is a good evolution of the current Russian Coalition aesthetic.
The Mezan gun corvette sounds really cool, unfortunately the enlarged picture uploaded is of the Rustov destroyer also a cool model but not the new corvette.

I must say I love this model. The Gustav Bombard Monitor equipped with the PAK-800 KYC Siege Artillery Piece. The fact that the gun has a the steam engine still on the ship just makes it that much more awesome in my opinion. Also equipped with broadside tesla torpedoes!
Second picture of the Gustav showcasing the train and siege artillery.
The Brandtaucher Assault submarine. From the description this unit sounds like a lot of fun armed with its luftlancers and forward firing cannons. It definitely takes inspiration from the Prussian Sturmbringer Submarine.
Lahn Anti-Air Destroyer armed with a speerschluder. Looks and sounds like a nifty little vessel.
The League of Crimson Poinard ambush corvette and Blade armored cruiser. These two models are beautifully detailed befitting their wealthy masters. The Poinard Corvettes gets to deploy after all other models and is armed with broadside weapons. The Blade Cruisers are armed with a Tesla lance, fixed channel electrical weapon and energy broadsides. 
Lots to be excited about, I will make sure to post more once the other Expansion boxes are revealed. Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment