Saturday, November 2, 2013

Back from Hiatus/Italian Carrier Painted

Again I must apologize for the length between posts. We have had a lot going on the past few months at home and at work. Hopefully from here on out I can be a little more frequent with my posts.

About a month ago I discovered the joys of XCOM: Enemy Unknown. That sucked away most of my free time for the first few weeks after I bought it. It has a Men in Black meets Independence Day feel to it. If you like squad level turn based strategy it is definitely worth purchasing to play. I have beaten the game once and am currently playing two more games through. One by myself on Iron Man Mode and a separate play through with my brother-in-law. We just split the characters on each mission and play it hotseat.

Ok, now on to the Dystopian Wars update. I did finish the Affondatore class carrier, named Atlas, several months ago and have even fielded it once against the Russian Coalition. The results were a little mixed. While the Atlas peformed admirably, sinking several cruisers and damaging a Tunguska. The rest of the Italian fleet did very poorly. While the Atlas was able to escape the battle with some damage, the Italian fleet as whole lost the engagement.

Now on to the pictures:
The Atlas
Aerial View of the MTB Launch Platform
Overhead View
Aerial View of the Flight Platform
I haven't finished painting all of the tiny flyers yet but here is a preview of the 4 different color schemes I am using.

I am hoping to post another update tomorrow or next weekend at the latest. In the next update I will showcase my painted Fortuna Bombers, a squadron of Cinquedea Destroyers and hopefully and squadron of Scutum Frigates. I have fallen in love with the preview of the new Danish Naval battlegroup. So in preparation for purchasing and painting that fleet I have begun painting some Skaggerak Gunships I had purchased a long while back. Until next time, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment