Saturday, November 2, 2013

Destroyers & Bombers painted

Hi again. As promised I have some pictures of the finished Fortuna Bombers and Cinquedea Destroyers along with some "mostly" finished Scutum Frigates.

I would have to say that I am most happy with how the Fortuna's came out. While I really like the Cinquedea's they are not my favorite model aesthetically. However, their 360 degree turret and torpedoes makes them a very powerful unit when used correctly. The red and white stripes are similar to one of the fighter wings I showed with the carrier. I wanted to come up with something that kinda looked reminiscent of a World War One plane while also still incorporating the color scheme of the rest of the Italian (Maltese) fleet. The results are as you see below.




The Cinquedeas are painted very similarly to the cruisers and the battleship I have already shown off. Though they are a little more industrial due to the turret being located on top of the ships and the 6 stacks and engine block.



Here is a little preview of the Scutum flotilla. They only have their primary colors so far, no shading or detailing as of yet.



My next project is to finish up the Skaggeraks I am currently working on. I also have an old flotilla of Saxony class Corvettes that I might finish. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment