Sunday, June 8, 2014

Chinese Federation Western Tide Fleet

In preparation for the new 2.0 Alliance fleets I will be posting my painted Alliance fleets. One of which should be easy to guess based on the post title. I also have a new Ottoman Fleet that I have been working to get finished up
.
Over the next few weeks if I can find a few nights where I am not too busy I hope to post some pictures of the new fleets.

I will try to post some impressions after a short game with the new 2.0 rules as well. Just as a quick overview it was awesome! Once we got some of the new rules figured out it definitely felt more streamlined. Each ship felt a little more powerful and the capital ships now feel more unique due to the new upgrades you can apply to each. Overall we had a great time though my french fleet would have likely lost to my penguin opponent's fleet had we been able to finish the game.

Back on topic, the Chinese Western Tide Fleet is all painted except for the Liuxing Air Bombards. Currently commanded by the young Sun Feng the Western Tide Fleet is operating off the west coast of Africa in concert with several other Imperial Bond Aligned nations.

The color scheme was developed in the process of trying to indicate which vessels had jade armor. This was acomplished by painting their hulls with Vallejo emerald, then drybrushing with Italian Tank Crew Highlight and Ivory. The roofs were painted terracotta and the superstructure or non jade armored portions of the ship were painted a tan yellow and drybrushed ivory.

Dun Class Bastions

Flotilla of Nu Class frigates backed by two Chui Class support carriers and the Tide Star, Guan Dao Class Battlecruiser

Flotilla of Yue, Wuxing Shaolin a Jian Class Battleship and three Dao class Cruisers

Tide Star amidst the fleet

No comments:

Post a Comment